The Benefits of Integrating Oral Health into Overall Health — Live Virtual Salon
Live Virtual Salon
Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2021 — Thursday, September 9, 2021
Time: 12:00 PM — 5:30 PM ET (both days)
CE: 9 CE Credits Available — Applicable to Oral Healthcare Professionals (4.5 CE/day)
Achieving health equity, eliminating disparities, and broadening health literacy will require an integrated healthcare system, one in which oral health is considered an essential part of overall health and well-being. As the culmination of the SFG Continuum on the Benefits of Integrating Oral Health into Healthcare, the Salon will ask: how can we accelerate integration to achieve a collective impact in the rapidly evolving healthcare arena?
Building on the themes of the preceding SFG Continuum Webinars (available on demand at https://santafegroup.org/events/), the Salon will delve further into oral-systemic science, clinical experience, systems change, and economic factors. We will also highlight opportunities presented by emerging technologies, along with insights from educators, advocates, and policymakers on the next steps to achieve integration.
- Session I will open the Salon with the broad view of our current context and a discussion of Imperative for Integration.
- Sessions II-IV will explore The Face of Integration through science/technology, clinical, and health system examples to illustrate and stimulate discussion of the scope, power, and importance of collaboration in the search for integration.
- Session V takes a closer look at economic gains in The Business of Integration
- Session VI explores how to put it all together by examining Collaborations to Accelerate Integration — learning from and working with colleagues.
How can we as a community learn from these existing efforts in order to achieve tangible goals in health equity, patient outcomes, and cost savings?
The Salon on September 8 — 9, 2021 will explore answers to this question and so much more. Register Today!
- Cost: Free
- CE Credits: 9 CE Credits Available — Applicable to Oral Healthcare Professionals (4.5 CE/day)
- Commercial Supporters: Multiple
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit house by boards of dentistry.
Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to ADA CERP at https://www.ada.org/cerp/
Approved PACE Program Provider. FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry, or AGD endorsement. 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2028. ID # 209722.