Thank you for registering for the IDT International Digital Denture Symposium Hands-On Workshop.
*Inside Dental Technology is using CDEWorld as a vendor to facilitate registration.
Select a Hands-On Workshop:
Included in Registration Fee
September 28, 2019 | 2 PM - 5 PM
Log in with your CDEWorld Membership Username and Password.
Complete the form below to submit your registration to the IDT International Digital Denture Symposium Hands-On Workshop.
You will be automatically registered for a CDEWorld account.
Thank you for your interest in the International Digital Denture Symposium.
We are pleased to announce that the Symposium has Sold Out for the second year in a row! While registration has closed, a limited number of tickets may become available based on cancellations over the coming days. To inquire about the possibility of acquiring a ticket please call the CDEWorld Events Department at: 888-596-4605
Design Your Digital Denture in the Cloud
Speaker: Valerie McMillan, DDS, MS; and Josh Rogers
Supported by AvaDent Digital Dental Solutions
Designing dentures digitally is a new world for many of us and it can be a challenge if you don’t have access to the right design software. Learn from the pros how they design dentures in only 15 minutes using the sophisticated software built with you as a dental professional in mind. You can eliminate arduous tooth-by-tooth setups and improve your efficiency with a top-down design approach. Start with global setup characteristics, adjust group characteristics, and then finalize your digital denture with esthetic individual tooth movement. Dr. McMillan will demonstrate real patient cases. In the second part of the workshop, you will connect to the cloud and use the denture design tools yourself. During the workshop, you will be guided by design experts. IMPORTANT: Attendees must bring wifi-enabled laptops with Google Chrome installed.
1. Discuss how to quickly design dentures using CAD software.
2. Describe through hands-on practice how to use digital denture tools for tooth set-up.
3. Access and submit patient case orders using software.
Applying Class 1/2/3 Approaches for Digital Dentures
Speaker: Robert Kreyer, CDT
Supported by Dentsply Sirona
During this comprehensive workshop, you will be introduced to Dentsply Sirona’s digital print material and 3D digital tooth line. The advantages of integrating Lucitone Digital Print for additive manufacturing solutions into your denture workflow will be discussed during this lecture and hands-on course. Workshop participants will set and bond Dentsply Sirona digital teeth to a Carbon printed denture with Lucitone Digital Print material. You will then take this denture to your laboratory for finishing, polishing, and final inspection of this revolutionary denture base material.
1. Describe the rules of ridge relationships for arranging denture teeth
2. Discuss how to arrange denture teeth in a Class 1, 2, and 3 ridge relationship
3. Explore why Lucitone Digital Print material will revolutionize the denture market
4. See how to integrate the Dentsply Sirona/Carbon workflow into your production line
5. Discuss how Dentsply Sirona 3D materials and Carbon can improve your digital denture outcomes
Experience the Full 3D Printed Denture Workflow
Speaker: Andrew Johnston, CDT
Supported by Kulzer
3D Printing is all the rage right now, and it is important to understand the total workflow—including scanning, design, and printing. In this course, attendees will learn about 3D printing technologies, capabilities, and benefits. Find out how it could integrate into your workflow to improve productivity.
1. Use market research to see the trends of how printing is changing the landscape of dentistry.
2. Discuss the complete workflow of digital manufacturing by incorporating scanners, design software, 3D printers, and post-print processing.
3. Lute printed teeth to a printed base and enhance the esthetics using light-cured composites.
See It, Touch It, Experience It!
Speaker: Marc Wagenseil, DD, RDT; and Maurice Whitlock, CDT
Supported by Amann Girrbach and VITA North America
As digital denture technology integrates itself into our professions, we are faced with a decision about whether to incorporate it or not. This 3-hour workshop has been developed as an interactive experience to introduce, educate, and demonstrate the procedures of digital dentures with CAD software. Participants will have the opportunity to see design and operational milling of a denture on a leading mill. Through scan, design, mill, and finish, each step will be discussed from the perspective of a clinician and technician exploring tips and trouble shooting. The concept is to leave the event with an understanding of the complete digital process and what dentists and technicians will require to prepare themselves. This is an interactive event with the opportunity to experience digital denture fabrication with a functional mill.
1. Discuss intraoral tips to gain the correct information from a patient to reduce errors and re-milling (impression taking, bite registration).
2. Describe laboratory procedures with tips to effectively navigate the software design process.
3. Gain knowledge in on digital denture materials, how they can be integrated into your workflow, and how they will benefit the patient.